Volunteers helping the unemployed transform their lives!
#2 Who Am I?
1. Read Psalm 139 (page 618) and review Psalm 139:13-16.
Who created you?
Give two examples from this verse that show that you are special and valuable to God.
2. Read John 3:16 (page 1052)
What did God do for us?
Why did He do it?
3. In Light of these two passages, describe how God thinks and feels about you.
4. Read Jeremiah 29:11 (page 780).
What kind of plans does God have for your life?
In your own words what does this mean to you?
5. Read Philippians 4:13 (page 1164).
What are we able to do with God’s help? ____________________________________________
¨ You mean everything to the God who created you in His own image.
¨ If you were the only person in the world, Christ would have died just for you.
¨ Because God loves you and you are special to Him, He has a special plan for you to make your life full of joy and true fulfillment.
Principles That Work
¨ There is a difference between your person and your performance.
¨ God loves us greatly because of who we are.
¨ In Christ, God sees the believing sinner as justified (“Just-as-if-I’d-never-sinned”).
¨ God tells His children to live in obedience to His commandments by the power of His Holy Spirit.
¨ If we trust in Him, He will give us the strength to do everything He wants us to do.
Small Group Discussion Questions - Class #2 – Who Am I?
Question #1: (Psalm 139) (page 618)
1. According to what the Bible teaches us in the verses that we have
studied, how valuable and important are you to God?
2. How does it make you feel to know that He made every part of you
carefully and thinks about you all the time?
Question #2: (John 3:16) (page 1052)
1. How does Jesus’ dying on the cross show how much God loves us?
2. How do you think that we should respond to love like this?
Question #3: (The Mentor may want to ask whether one or two of the Participants want to share
their answer to “How does God think and feel about you?”)
Question #4: (Jeremiah 29:11) (page 780)
1. Since God has tremendous plans for our lives, what do you think His
plan for YOUR life is like?
Question #5: (Philippians 4:13) (page 1164)
1. What does this verse say that YOU can do with God’s help?
2. How does this make you feel about your participation in Work&Learn mentoring and
training and your career?
How to Find Jobs - Class #2
1. How do most employers hunt for Job-Hunters? (Parachute)
a. Hire someone whose work he has already seen. Promote someone from within, hire a temp
worker already there, etc.
b. Hire someone who brings proof of what he can do.
c. Hire someone whose work a trusted friend has seen.
d. Use a hiring agency they trust.
e. Use an ad they’ve placed.
f. Use an unsolicited resume.
2. How do many Job-Hunters hunt for Jobs?
a. Using methods that are the opposite of the methods employers use.
b. There are 16 methods we could use. In the next class, we’ll learn the five best methods.
3. Each Participant
a. Makes a What Am I Proud Of? presentation to the class.
b. Describes what traits and skills they demonstrated in that experience.
c. Every other Participant should listen carefully so they can mention any additional traits or skills they think the experience demonstrates.
d. Write down the traits and skills.
Assignment for Class #3
1. Read the eight sets of Bible passages (see Class #3) and fill in answers to the questions.
2. Write another What Am I Proud Of? story.
3. Bring my resume, if I have one. If not, complete filling out the form Information for
Resume with facts about my education and job experience.