Volunteers helping the unemployed transform their lives!
Summary Video 2 minutes.
Work&Learn Biblical Teachings on YouTube “Work&Learn” Channel
Short URL https://tinyurl.com/worklearnyt
1. Work&Learn Class 1, Introduction to the Work&Learn course. The course teaches how to choose a career, how to get a job and how to succeed in your job. There are 12 classes taught by 12 pastors and six human resource professionals. They teach skills needed throughout a lifetime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY8j39fn5Zo 23 min. Pastor Alvaro Garcia
1. Work&Learn Class 1, Introduction to Work&Learn Career Skills. One hour. Dr. Kelli Vallieres
Work&Learn, Inc. Class #1 taught by Dr. Kelli Vallieres. How to set goals that motivate you. Everything we do is a physical response to an emotion. You can change how you feel about things. You have the ability to consciously set a goal and plan, monitor and evaluate your performance to get to that goal. The key to learning is to think about how you think and learn. How to close the gap between your goal and performance. You own your goal, your performance and your past experiences. How to be your own agent to get the help you need.
2. Work&Learn Class 2, Who Am I?
God created you in His own image, so you mean everything to Him. Because He loves you and you are special to Him, He has a special plan for you to make your life full of joy and fulfillment. https://youtu.be/s_eAQ-dIESc 37 min. Pastor Alvaro Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Work&Learn Class 3, Who is God? Man was made in the image of God and must be similar to Him. Through Jesus Christ, God seeks to bring us back into relationship with Him
https://youtu.be/kcIiKDI4ZsU 40 min. Pastor Jesse Morales
4. Work&Learn Class 4, God and Relationships. God created man for relationship and our first and most important relationship is with God Himself. The first relationship God created among humans was the family. The family is ordained and blessed by God. Marriage is honorable and children are a gift from God. The husband should love his wife and the wife should respect her husband.
5. Work&Learn Class 5, God and Work. God is a worker. He created. Through work we serve people, meet our own and our family needs, earn money to give to others, and work to love God. Working God’s way will transform our life and influence.
6. Work&Learn Class 6, Authority. We should follow the leadership of those God has placed in authority over us, unless they ask us to violate God’s word. He holds them responsible for their actions. God is our ultimate supervisor. 33 min. https://youtu.be/jQE993g_rfk Pastor Alvaro Garcia
7. Work and Learn Class 7, Attitude, and How to Interview. Attitudes can be positive or negative. God knows our mind. Attitudes become actions. Attitude “is more important than the past, … education, … failures, … successes, … what other people think, say or do, … appearance, giftedness, or skill.” Life is 10% what happens and 90% how we react to it. “We are in charge of our attitudes.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNJVFbWDizc 1 hr 37 min. Elder Reggie King and Ralph Hightower.
7. Published on Oct 24, 2016
Short summary of Work&Learn Class 7 on Attitude and How to Interview.
8. Work and Learn Class 8, Integrity. The story of Joseph, Genesis 37-50, is an example of someone with absolute integrity. Because of his actions, in spite of how he was treated, his family was reunited and an entire nation survived. Operate with absolute integrity in all your personal and professional activities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMMSSWiPsU 40 min. Pastor Joe Paskewich.
9a. Work & Learn Class 9, Communication and Public Speaking. God communicates with man through the Bible and his truth gives wisdom. Man talks to God through prayer. How should we pray? Communicating with others, we should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5LAm_Gjh74 1 hr 28 min. Pastor Samuel Spatafore.
9b. Work&Learn Class 9, Communication and Public Speaking. God communicates with man through the Bible and his truth gives wisdom. Man talks to God through prayer. How should we pray? Communicating with others, we should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger. https://youtu.be/-0VDcw3_ERA 26 min. Pastor Samuel Spatafore.
10. Work&Learn Class 10-A, Conflict Resolution. Conflict cannot always be avoided. The source of fights. How should we respond? What are the three steps we should take? How should we treat other people? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvXq8IYEJ0E 1 hr. 34 min.
Pastor Byron Westbrook.
10-B. Work&Learn Class 10-B, Conflict. Conflict cannot always be avoided. The source of fights. How should we respond? What are the three steps we should take? How should we treat other people? https://youtu.be/2iLGOcDaBzQ 34 min. Fernando Castillo
11. Work&Learn Class 11, Stewardship. How to use our time and money wisely, responsibly and to help others. https://youtu.be/g6HVGpsZXgE 38 min. Pastor Gary Poorman
12. Work&Learn Class 12, Excellence in All and My Mission in Life. Whatever we do in word or deed, we should do all for God’s glory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-JVueE6bss 45 min.
Pastor Lloyd Bayreuther
12. Work&Learn Class 12, Excellence in All. Whatever we do in word or deed, we should do all for God’s glory. https://youtu.be/B9J_ChlMbAI 28 Min.
Pastor Byron Westbrook
13. Graduation of Work&Learn Course #18 November 15, 2016 at Huntington Street Baptist Church
14. Graduation of Work&Learn Course #19 June 6, 2017 at Huntington Street Baptist Church